Nutrition & Dieting/Eating nuts

I understand that eating nuts is good for you. Is peanut butter a good substitute?

Hello Bob,

Yes eating nuts is healthy and nut butters are good too as they have fiber and healthy fats. The healthy fat helps you absorb nutrients from food and the fiber keeps you feeling satiated. Peanuts aren't as good a choice as other nuts like almonds or walnuts because they are susceptible to a carcinogenic fungus. I always recommend sticking with other varieties of nuts.

Best wishes,

P.S. If you found this answer helpful, please leave a rating.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Marissa Vicario

I can answer questions pertaining to general nutrition and nutrition for disease prevention, weight loss, general wellness, digestion and food and cooking

I received my nutrition training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the worldís largest nutrition school, where I studied every dietary theory from traditional philosophies like Ayurveda to modern concepts like Paleo. Iíve studied with and been inspired by wellness and nutrition greats like Mark Hyman, Joel Fuhrman, John Douillard, Deepak Chopra, Geneen Roth, Mark Sisson, David Wolfe,Kris Carr and Candice Kumai. I've been teaching, writing and speaking about nutrition and wellness for five years as a certified holistic health coach. Iím certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and have a BS from Northwestern University and an MA from New York University. Iíve taken cooking classes at the Natural Gourmet Institute and have a certificate from the University of California San Francisco in Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.

American Association of Drugless Practitioners

Mind Body Green, Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Life, Complete Nutrition,, The Well Daily and

Certified Nutrition Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Masters degree from NYU and bachelors degree from Northwestern University

Top 100 Health Coach Blogs: The Institute for the Psychology of Eating

Women ages 25-45