Nutrition & Dieting/weight loss frustration

hello Lawrence, im at my wits end with this weight problem. Ive been trying for a long time now to lose weight and im failing.  ive tried all kinds of diets but still no success. I have lost 46 pounds so far and I ran into a plateau. the scale wont budge and what I want to know is what can to do to lose this weight and what is causing the weight loss plateau. by the way I weigh 334 pounds and take medication for high blood pressure.

Christopher you need to look at your current diet to determine the reason for your plateau. Its common for this to happen while your losing weight. The key is not to get discouraged and to figure out what you may be missing in your diet and incorporate it and move on. When I reached my plateau I found that I was lacking fat in my diet and when I added it I began to lose weight again almost immediately. Go through your diet for the last week calculate your fats/ carbs/proteins out and water consumption and fiber intake and you should be able to see where you are lacking or in taking to much. Also as you lose weight your daily consumption of calories should be reduced accordingly.

Thanks for writing and good luck  

Nutrition & Dieting

Lawrence Sanchez CSN, CPFC, RI, PT, TBMI

I am able to answer questions in regards to losing weight, proper nutrition and exercise while losing weight,diet modification, and preparing healthy nutritious food while dieting. I can also help people by explaining the importance of BMI, BMR,and body fat. I can help people with no meat types of diets and special diets. I can help those who need information about beginning a running regimen. One of my favorite subjects to answer questions about is organic life style and whole foods.

I own Healthy Life Consultants, which is a company that helps people lose weight through diet modification and exercise. I also am the Founder and owner of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System and The Natural Healing Center.At the Natural Healing Center I help people through the use of Alternative Therapies and Medicines. For fun I compete regulary in running races mainly 5K'S and 10K'S. I spend much of my free time studying about anything when it comes to nutrition,alternative medicine,and exercise.

F&AM /////////////////// F.O.P.(Fraternal Order of Police) ///////////// US Coast Guard Aux. //////////// International High Iq Society

Certified Sports Nutritionist through (International Fitness Association) CI# 175491 /////// Certified Personal Fitness Chef ( National Endurance & Sports Trainers Association) ////////// Certified Master and Founder of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System /////////// EMT-B Certified //////////// Trinity College & University B.S.B.A. ///////// Certificate awarded in: Harvard Medical School- (Prescribing Exercise) Texas A&M University System (AgriLife Extension)- (Diet Quality & The School Aged Child), (Osteoporosis),(Developing Healthy Eating Habits in Pre Schoolers),(Controling Asthma Triggers in the Indoor Environment) and ( Little Tummies and Big Appetites-Nutrition and the Pre School Child). ////////// School of Public Health University of Albany - (Strong Bones For Life),(Microbiology),(Prison and Jail Health),and (Public Policy and Public Health) ///////// National Center For Complementary and Alternative Medicine- (Acupuncture:An Evidence Based Assessment),(Mind-Body Medicine),Herbs & Other Dietary Supplements),(Health and Spirituality),(Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Aging),(Intergrative Medicine),(Neurobiological Correlates of Acupuncture),(Studying the effects of Natural products)(Manipulative and Body-Based Therapies: Chiropractic and Spinal Manipulation) //////// Health and Nutirition ( United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Basic Food Preparation (United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Dietary Guidlines For Americans (United States Department of Agriculture) ////////// Effective Communication (Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Leadership & Influence(Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Nutritional Oncology ( National Training Institute) ////////// Sports Goes The Distance ( National Training Institute) ///////// LJ100 supplements ( National Training Institute) //////// Super Foods to the rescue (Natural Products Market Place) /////// O for Obesity (Natural Products Market Place)