Nutrition & Dieting/cholesterol

Question
Hello,could you please answer my simple question! Does ladies finger (okra)contain cholesterol or saturated fat? Can somebody who have cholesterol eat okra? I think all vegetable are cholesterol free. Thanks

Answer
Hi Rasheed,

Yes okra has a host of healthy benefits. As long as you don't do something like frying it then you should be fine.
The oil from the seeds contain fats like linoleic and oleic acid. These are both healthful oils. Just bare in mind that they are in very small amounts and of course come from the seed, not just eating the actual plant itself.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro