Nutrition & Dieting/Fats and oils

I have had no success limiting carbs for weight loss. It wasn't until I went low (animal)fat that I made a little progress. I was using low fat spreads, but now that I have even cut these out It is also helping. Is it possible that for some people, ANY kinds of fats, animal, fish, or vegetable, cause weight gain? BY the way I am an endomorph with a very slow metabolism. Thanks!

Hi Sue,

The thing is there is no "perfect" way to eat. All of these one size fits all diets are BS.  Some people can tolerate carbs (starch), others like myself can't and we must focus on fibrous carbs.
It is possible to have some aversion to animal fat like from beef. However there really should not be any reason you can't eat monounsaturated fats like those found in olive oil. The body usually utilizes these for energy and digests them well.

You could possibly benefit from moderate carb and lower fat. I would get that fat though from sources like olive oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, avocado, and nuts. Oh and lard...just kidding about the lard.

Another consideration is how your body digests fat. I've had a lot of people tell me that carbs or fats give them troubles with either weight or GI issues. I like to recommend a digestive enzyme to help and a lot have had success. Lipase is an enzyme that the body uses to breakdown and digest fats. In essence there should not be a reason your body isn't doing this, but supplementing with a digestive enzyme supplement can't hurt. You can usually get one for about $5.00-8.00 and it will last about 30 days. Take one with each meal. Or take a dose with breakfast and a dose with dinner.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.