Nutrition & Dieting/Not losing.

Question
Hi
I am a female, 18. I weigh 133 pounds and my height is 5"7.
My diet is healthy - I do not eat any junk food/drinks at all.
I eat 5 times a day. Breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack and dinner. I do not eat after 8 at night.

My exercise routine; I do weights, lunges, squats, crunches ect. For about an hour on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I also do an hour of pilates on those days.
Tuesdays and Thursdays I do light ballet exercises for half an hour.
I don't exercise much on those days because I know my muscles need to rest
every other day.

I do home schooling, I don't work yet. But I am active and always on my feet.
I'm persistant and I love exercising and being healthy.
I want to lose 8 pounds, and I've already lost 3.3 pounds. But now I'm just standing still on the scale. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
My jeans don't feel tight any more and I can see I've lost weight, but it bothers me that nothing is happening on the scale.
I eat between 1075 and 1200 calories a day. Am I eating too much or too little? Or am I not burning enough calories?

Answer
There's one bit of important advice I can give you:

DON'T BE A SLAVE TO THE SCALE!

Your body WEIGHT is meaningless. When you exercise, you BUILD MUSCLE which is denser than fat. So even though you might have burned 10 pounds of fat, you gained 7 pounds of muscle which is a GOOD THING.

SCALES ARE ALMOST MEANINGLESS.

Go with how you FEEL, how you LOOK in the mirror, and how your clothes fit. These are much better indicators than how much gravitational force the Earth exerts upon you. :)

Richard

Nutrition & Dieting

Richard Rost