Nutrition & Dieting/Weight Loss Plateau

Hey, I am a 19 year old girl at 141 lbs and am 5''4. I gained a lot of weight during college and have been trying to lose it healthily this summer. So far, I have decreased my calories and have increased my exercise. I am not doing anything extreme because it scares me. So far I've lost 6 lbs. However, over the last 2 weeks, I haven't lost anything. I try to tell myself that if I'm consistent, it will eventually budge, but it's not.

A typical day for me is:
5am: I go out for a morning walk/light jog with my dad
6:30 am: Breakfast is usually either 3/4 cup of bran flakes and soy milk or some steamed squash and  a plate of fruit
8-12: I am working a desk job
12: Lunch I eat salad, 1 hard boiled egg, and a few pieces of grilled chicken. I also play ping-pong with my co-workers
1-6: I work
6: I walked 3 kilometers home
7: I to go my yoga. I do this 5 days a week consistently
8: Dinner is usually some steamed veggies and fruit

during the weekends I stay active by walking everywhere and playing badminton for 2 hours.

I would be so thankful for any tips you have on getting out of this plateau! I would like to eventually lose 20-25 lbs. It doesn't have to be within this summer, because that's really unrealistic, but eventually I would like to reach that goal healthily.

You need to evaluate total  calories compared to what your burning. I would suggest that you analyze your specific intake of protein carbohydrates fiber fat to see what you may be lacking which would if corrected would restart your weight loss.I would also suggest that you take a rmr test to see how many calories you body id burning at rest and use that number for your daily caloric intake

Nutrition & Dieting

Lawrence Sanchez CSN, CPFC, RI, PT, TBMI

I am able to answer questions in regards to losing weight, proper nutrition and exercise while losing weight,diet modification, and preparing healthy nutritious food while dieting. I can also help people by explaining the importance of BMI, BMR,and body fat. I can help people with no meat types of diets and special diets. I can help those who need information about beginning a running regimen. One of my favorite subjects to answer questions about is organic life style and whole foods.

I own Healthy Life Consultants, which is a company that helps people lose weight through diet modification and exercise. I also am the Founder and owner of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System and The Natural Healing Center.At the Natural Healing Center I help people through the use of Alternative Therapies and Medicines. For fun I compete regulary in running races mainly 5K'S and 10K'S. I spend much of my free time studying about anything when it comes to nutrition,alternative medicine,and exercise.

F&AM /////////////////// F.O.P.(Fraternal Order of Police) ///////////// US Coast Guard Aux. //////////// International High Iq Society

Certified Sports Nutritionist through (International Fitness Association) CI# 175491 /////// Certified Personal Fitness Chef ( National Endurance & Sports Trainers Association) ////////// Certified Master and Founder of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System /////////// EMT-B Certified //////////// Trinity College & University B.S.B.A. ///////// Certificate awarded in: Harvard Medical School- (Prescribing Exercise) Texas A&M University System (AgriLife Extension)- (Diet Quality & The School Aged Child), (Osteoporosis),(Developing Healthy Eating Habits in Pre Schoolers),(Controling Asthma Triggers in the Indoor Environment) and ( Little Tummies and Big Appetites-Nutrition and the Pre School Child). ////////// School of Public Health University of Albany - (Strong Bones For Life),(Microbiology),(Prison and Jail Health),and (Public Policy and Public Health) ///////// National Center For Complementary and Alternative Medicine- (Acupuncture:An Evidence Based Assessment),(Mind-Body Medicine),Herbs & Other Dietary Supplements),(Health and Spirituality),(Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Aging),(Intergrative Medicine),(Neurobiological Correlates of Acupuncture),(Studying the effects of Natural products)(Manipulative and Body-Based Therapies: Chiropractic and Spinal Manipulation) //////// Health and Nutirition ( United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Basic Food Preparation (United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Dietary Guidlines For Americans (United States Department of Agriculture) ////////// Effective Communication (Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Leadership & Influence(Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Nutritional Oncology ( National Training Institute) ////////// Sports Goes The Distance ( National Training Institute) ///////// LJ100 supplements ( National Training Institute) //////// Super Foods to the rescue (Natural Products Market Place) /////// O for Obesity (Natural Products Market Place)