Nutrition & Dieting/What to eat with bread in order to avoid cancer?

In my breakfast, I usually have bread with cured meat like salami, bacon, hot dogs and the exotic Italian cured meat.

However, I have just read that these types can give you cancer. So I will try to avoid them.

However, then I don't know what I should eat with bread, apart from liver pate and salad.

Could you pls advise?

The least of your issues with the above mentioned foods is cancer. Although I have not seen any research directly correlating the preservatives in them with cancer, your body was not meant to process nitrates and other preservatives so it is a good idea to avoid them. They are also quite high in saturated fat which wreaks havoc with cholesterol levels.

All of that having been said, if you are asking what you can make for sandwiches, try water packed tuna or salmon, fresh chicken breast or a good, high quality turkey without added nitrates or sodium.  

I happen to be 100 % Italian and can tell you that the occasional quality, Italian cured meat never hurt anyone

Hope this helps some. Feel free to e-mail me with any other questions.

In Health,
Dianne Villano ,MExPhys, NASM certified ,  Your Personal Body Sculpting Expert
Custom Bodies

Nutrition & Dieting

Dianne Villano

I can answer any questions regarding general nutrition,exercise phys and weightloss. I specialize in science based programs to speed up the metabolism and lose fat permanently through a combination of adherence to the 6 Components. No gym science, no myths, no "opinions" no fluff just answers which will get you the results you want. All responses are based on the latest, most cutting research in nutrition and exercise sciences with a focus on Nutrition Requirements as dictated by the National Academy Of Sports Medicine. You can grab a copy of my Special Report “22 Big Fat Lies Keeping You from The Body You Want” and my revolutionary "7 Day Fat Loss Blue Print" , check out "Fat Loss University", join our facebook community or sign up for our newsletter at

MExPhys, NASM CFT , author of “How To Lose Fat & Reshape Your Body in 21 Days” and “The Ultimate Belly Blast Program”. President of Custom Bodies which has been serving the Tampa Bay with results driven, cutting edge nutrition & fitness programs for 18 years. I am a frequent speaker on health and fitness related topics with articles published in over 20 media outlets.

Tampa Tribune Tropical Views Beach Life The Island Sun A Mom's Love E Max Health Fit FAQ Fitness Motivator Newsletter Gateway To Beauty Health Bud Helpful Home Ideas International Woman It's About Women K W Nutrition Lift For Life Life Tools for Women Methods Of Movement My Parent Time Self Growth Supple City Weight Loss & Obesity Resource Center Weight Loss / Diet Portal Work At Home Mom Women Central Women's Exercise Network Yahoo Answers