Nutrition & Dieting/too much fruit?

if I eat three bananas and three apples every day, is that too much fruit? If so, please explain why.

that would be equivalent to 6 fruit servings. The answer to your question is

"it depends upon your total daily caloric (energy) requirements and goals "  as a balanced diet contains the appropriate amounts from each food group and macro nutrient break downs will depend partially one one's goals. For instance, I would not give the same break downs to a 30 or 40 something trying to lose or maintain weight as I would to an endurance athlete during training seasons.

In addition, if you are eating them without a protein or fat to slow down and even out  the break down of the sugars, you may find yourself craving more sugars along with experiencing insulin and blood sugar level spikes and crashes which could effect energy levels.

I wrote an article which shows healthy balanced diets for a variety of energy requirements. The macro nutrient break downs are averages for healthy adults with the goal of lean body mass preservation or gain. You can read it here Serving Sizes And Portions, Your key to life long weight management

In Health,
Dianne Villano -  MExPhys, Certified,NASM   Your Personal Body Sculpting Expert
Custom Bodies  

Nutrition & Dieting

Dianne Villano

I can answer any questions regarding general nutrition,exercise phys and weightloss. I specialize in science based programs to speed up the metabolism and lose fat permanently through a combination of adherence to the 6 Components. No gym science, no myths, no "opinions" no fluff just answers which will get you the results you want. All responses are based on the latest, most cutting research in nutrition and exercise sciences with a focus on Nutrition Requirements as dictated by the National Academy Of Sports Medicine. You can grab a copy of my Special Report “22 Big Fat Lies Keeping You from The Body You Want” and my revolutionary "7 Day Fat Loss Blue Print" , check out "Fat Loss University", join our facebook community or sign up for our newsletter at

MExPhys, NASM CFT , author of “How To Lose Fat & Reshape Your Body in 21 Days” and “The Ultimate Belly Blast Program”. President of Custom Bodies which has been serving the Tampa Bay with results driven, cutting edge nutrition & fitness programs for 18 years. I am a frequent speaker on health and fitness related topics with articles published in over 20 media outlets.

Tampa Tribune Tropical Views Beach Life The Island Sun A Mom's Love E Max Health Fit FAQ Fitness Motivator Newsletter Gateway To Beauty Health Bud Helpful Home Ideas International Woman It's About Women K W Nutrition Lift For Life Life Tools for Women Methods Of Movement My Parent Time Self Growth Supple City Weight Loss & Obesity Resource Center Weight Loss / Diet Portal Work At Home Mom Women Central Women's Exercise Network Yahoo Answers