Nutrition & Dieting/Just being a teenager...

Hi there Lawrence! So. To start off, I am a 17 year old, healthy, active young woman. (That feels good to say..."young woman"..:) ) I am 5'2" and I weigh 120-125 pounds. I was blessed with..assets, you could say:) To start off, I want you to know this isn't a rant about "Oh my God. I'm fat. Help me lose a billion pounds so I can continue to compare myself to every other woman out there." I'm not saying I don't...but I'm not concerned about jump starting my model career anytime soon. ;) My questions more pertain to my curiousity, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and outlook on my body. I generally eat Paleo. My family is super big on natural, home-grown foods, so everything comes from the Farmers Market or other local growers, or our own garden. I do cheat sometimes. I just eat good food until I'm satisfied and happy. Recently, I tried seeing what my appx. daily intake of calories was, out of curiosity, and I discovered I'm eating around..1300-1400 calories a day. To my knowledge...that's not enough for a developing teenager. YET! I still feel...blah. I am in no way fit looking, even though I'm active all day and eat like this. Maybe my body type is just...SOFT. Haha. Anyway. Also, my weight and appearance fluctuates considerably. 2 days ago, I thought I looked pretty damn great if I do say so myself! And today...I look and feel like I've gained 7 pounds. Woah. I know..water weight, hormones. All that jazz. Maybe I'm just looking for a knowledgable, comforting that's reassuring about my annoyances. Is it normal. What can I do to feel better. Should I just...whip out the kettle ball and go ham? I don't know. I apologize for my confusing and possibly ridiculous schpiel. Thank you for your time:) You can just go ahead and give me all you've got! :)

The feeling your having about your weight is normal. Men and women all tend to do this when they are actively monitoring their health and weight. I have done it and I have personally seen my wife and teen daughter do it on a regular basis. The solution to the problem for me was to buy a scale that measures body fat, body water,muscle mass,bone density and BMI.  I keep a log next to the scale to compare numbers on a daily basis and this way I am able to maintain without having to second guess myself, it takes that feeling away that you have described. The way we handled it may seem excessive to some but it works for me. The log really keeps you on track and takes the guessing out of what you see in the mirror.
Hope this helps

Nutrition & Dieting

Lawrence Sanchez CSN, CPFC, RI, PT, TBMI

I am able to answer questions in regards to losing weight, proper nutrition and exercise while losing weight,diet modification, and preparing healthy nutritious food while dieting. I can also help people by explaining the importance of BMI, BMR,and body fat. I can help people with no meat types of diets and special diets. I can help those who need information about beginning a running regimen. One of my favorite subjects to answer questions about is organic life style and whole foods.

I own Healthy Life Consultants, which is a company that helps people lose weight through diet modification and exercise. I also am the Founder and owner of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System and The Natural Healing Center.At the Natural Healing Center I help people through the use of Alternative Therapies and Medicines. For fun I compete regulary in running races mainly 5K'S and 10K'S. I spend much of my free time studying about anything when it comes to nutrition,alternative medicine,and exercise.

F&AM /////////////////// F.O.P.(Fraternal Order of Police) ///////////// US Coast Guard Aux. //////////// International High Iq Society

Certified Sports Nutritionist through (International Fitness Association) CI# 175491 /////// Certified Personal Fitness Chef ( National Endurance & Sports Trainers Association) ////////// Certified Master and Founder of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System /////////// EMT-B Certified //////////// Trinity College & University B.S.B.A. ///////// Certificate awarded in: Harvard Medical School- (Prescribing Exercise) Texas A&M University System (AgriLife Extension)- (Diet Quality & The School Aged Child), (Osteoporosis),(Developing Healthy Eating Habits in Pre Schoolers),(Controling Asthma Triggers in the Indoor Environment) and ( Little Tummies and Big Appetites-Nutrition and the Pre School Child). ////////// School of Public Health University of Albany - (Strong Bones For Life),(Microbiology),(Prison and Jail Health),and (Public Policy and Public Health) ///////// National Center For Complementary and Alternative Medicine- (Acupuncture:An Evidence Based Assessment),(Mind-Body Medicine),Herbs & Other Dietary Supplements),(Health and Spirituality),(Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Aging),(Intergrative Medicine),(Neurobiological Correlates of Acupuncture),(Studying the effects of Natural products)(Manipulative and Body-Based Therapies: Chiropractic and Spinal Manipulation) //////// Health and Nutirition ( United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Basic Food Preparation (United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Dietary Guidlines For Americans (United States Department of Agriculture) ////////// Effective Communication (Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Leadership & Influence(Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Nutritional Oncology ( National Training Institute) ////////// Sports Goes The Distance ( National Training Institute) ///////// LJ100 supplements ( National Training Institute) //////// Super Foods to the rescue (Natural Products Market Place) /////// O for Obesity (Natural Products Market Place)