Nutrition & Dieting/Having A Good Diet

Question
Hello!

I wonder if you can help me.  I'm not overweight - far from it.  I'm lean but I'm not too skinny, which is good in some ways and bad in others.  It's good because it means I can eat whatever I like without ever having to worry about putting on weight.  It's bad, because this is exactly what I do!

My diet is pretty poor; I'm not a big fan of most vegetables and I'm not terribly fond of fruit either.  I'm 23 and my health has never been the best - I'm quite often tired, my immune system is pretty weak meaning I tend to pick up any illnesses that are going round.

All I'm really looking for is perhaps some sort of default diet plan intended to make people healthier and things to look out for.  I don't know if you have any pre-made diet plans that you've made previously (I wouldn't ask you to make one specific to me as I know that could take a while!).  I'm quite fussy but I'm willing to give most things a shot if it means I'll be healthier.  I would be able to make my lunches for work, and even I'd be able to buy pretty decent food to eat.  Any supplements that I could take as well and things like this I would be willing to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Conor

Answer
Conor,

Well, the bad news is, you are going to have to suck it up and get in some fruits and vegetables if you want to strengthen your immune system and improve your health. There is no way around the fact that those are your best sources of anti oxidents and quality vitamins.

before adding supplements, the best course of action is to learn how to design and eat a healthy diet. After that, a good multi vitamin/mineral supplement never hurts because the sad fact is that our fruits and vegetables are grown in nutrient depleted soils and our air contains far more cheimcals and toxins than it did a few decades ago. our clients take "Biofuel". In my 18 years in business, I've not found anything better. You can read more about it  HERE . The supplements we use and recommend are on the right hand column

Here is an article I wrote about the best foods in each good group which includes a section on what a healthy balanced day would look like. How To Eat A Healthy,Balanced Diet

Being young with what sounds like a very high metabolism, you would want to double what the 1500 calorie day has listed.  The article is written with respect to fat loss but the principles are the same with respect to a generally healthy, well balanced diet.

here is another article I wrote about preservatives and chemicals in many processed foods that are  probably contributing to some of your health issues and how to create a healthier kitchen how To Create A Healthier Kitchen

feel free to email me with any other questions and let me know how it goes

Nutrition & Dieting

Dianne Villano