Nutrition & Dieting/maintaining

Hello, I hope your well, i'm 22 and 5'7, a height ive been since my late teens. Until I was around 15 I was fairly overweight, at my highest I was 180, I used restrictive eating and exercise to go down  to 125, my weight fluctuated alot since then, perhaps averaging around 150. After I got married and had a baby I went up to 167 and used vomiting and restrictive eating and exercise to lose weight, now i'm 140 and I want to lose a few more pounds and try to maintain it but it seems that I can't eat more then 1,00-1500 calories daily whole also doing cardio often or I gain weight. Do you have any advice as to how I van safely lose a few more pounds in a healthy weigh and maintain that weight? Im sorry for the length of the question. Thanks so much for your time. Best wishes.

Hello Steve,
Thank you for your question.

Because you have a history of restrictive eating, and vomiting to help weight loss, I believe you should consult a specialist in the field. There are many registered dietitians who specialize in eating disorders and would best be able to work with you considering your past diet history.
Here is how you can find one in your area:

I am happy to hear you are looking for a healthy way to lose weight now; one-on-one counseling in person will help assure the best, individualized plan just for you!

Be Well,

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.