Nutrition & Dieting/Which replacement for Diet Coke is better?

Question
Dear Stacy,

Thank you for offering your time to us here. I've finally weaned myself off of Diet Coke (after 40-something years)! and I'm testing two different drinks, but don't know which one is overall a better drink:

One is ITO EN's Tea's Tea: http://www.itoen.com/index.php/teas-tea-green-jasmine-12-bottles-case?gclid=CO_3

The other is Sparkling Ice Naturally Flavored Spring Water (I drink most flavors but prefer Lemon/Lime): http://www.sparklingice.com/product/lemon-lime.

The latter has more vitamins, but it also has sucralose and mannitol. Which do you think is better, overall?

Thank you,
Elizabeth

Answer
Hi Elizabeth,

I think that the ITO tea would be a better alternative.  The reason is that it does not list any additives, chemicals, or coloring.  The Sparkling Ice, while it has zero calories, is filled with artificial ingredients. The tea is high in caffeine so please keep that in mind.  Hope this helps to answer your question.

Healthy regards,
Stacy

Nutrition & Dieting

Stacy Ostrager, M.A.,M.S.