Nutrition & Dieting/weight

Question
Hello. First I am asking you to avoid going to see a professional. So, please do not reply go see a professional.

So I am the biggest I have ever been in my entire life.! I am 26 years old and weigh 267. I usually weigh 150 lb. I am short 5'5" and I recently decided that I am going to lose weight. I am very serious about this. I bought an elliptical, witch I LOVE using. I use it every evening for 30 minutes. I have started drinking large amounts of water a day instead of my usual soda. Even though I am a larger person I am very strong, especially for a woman - thanks to farm life. here is my question and concern. I am scared that I will be one of those poor people that have excessive skin? how do I avoid this? I also understand it is important to just lose 2 pounds a week. However my first week I lost 5! I am eating but not eating out like I was before I am eating salads, fresh foods, and lean cousines. Any pointers? also I understand an elliptical is more for your arms, legs and butt.. Will I still see decrease in my belly with this machine?

Answer
Unfortunately unless you have very good genetics you will most likely have skin that sags. As for your weight-loss 2 pounds a week is optimal except that because of your size initially you will lose more weight per week. Just remember that diet is the most important part of weight reduction. Another thing is that you should look at less as dieting and more as a life style change, the reason being is that you would be amazed at how much food you can actually eat if you are eating healthy nutritious foods such as vegetables. I recall when I lost all my weight that by eating vegetable which are low calorie high water content I was full most of the time.

Well good luck and thanks for writing

Larry

Nutrition & Dieting

Lawrence Sanchez CSN, CPFC, RI, PT, TBMI