Nutrition & Dieting/How to eat healthy and lose weight

Question
I'm just wondering how do I keep up eating the required 9 to 10 servings of fruit and veggies a day without losing weight? I feel like exercising will help but would that be enough when I get into lower weight range?

Answer
Hi, the recommended serving for fruits is actually 4-5 per day. However, I don't think that fruit and veggies ultimately contribute to gaining or prevention of weight loss.  Look closely at your portion sizes and the way that your food is prepared.  Adding fruits and veggies is always is a good idea and you can eat fruit as a snack in-between meals.  

Bottom line: don't focus on forcing yourself to eat to the point which you are uncomfortable.  The purpose of the recommendations is to provide an overall guideline.

Hope this answers your question. Thank you.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Stacy Ostrager, M.A.,M.S.