Nutrition & Dieting/weight loss

Question
Hi my name is Katrina,I'm 17 years old I have some confusion regarding nutrition and weight loss. I've started working out and changing my diet somewhat since 6-7 months ago, however I feel the changes are slow and it could be going faster. I heard that the heavier you are the faster the weight loss process is. I would consider myself to be around average chubby so that may be a small reason. Since I have started I have changed my routine as I learn more. Currently my routine is a 30-20 minute workout in the morning and in the evening. My diet is all  over the place. My mother said that you can lose weight while eating whatever you want but i feel that if I had a "clean" diet I'd lose the weight faster. Also I'm still lost on this "clean" diet because I run out of lunch ideas for school, food that I can prepare and take to school.I dont really know my food options.I also hear that teenagers in order to be healthy should work out 30 minutes in the morning and in the evening, is this true? basically what I'm asking is what should i be doing to lose weight? How is it that many people can go from obese to fit in the span of year? I'm halfway through the year and I haven't seen any changes like that? How do I tone up and lose weight better? I'm not sure if this information would help but I'm 5'3 at 150 lb's.

Answer
Hi Katrina,

I'll try and make this as simple as possible. Everybody's body is different so fat loss or muscle gain works differently for each individual.

I recommend you eat clean.Basically you need to cut out all processed foods and sweet foods with cane sugar etc.

Here are some examples of what your meals should consist of:

Protein:
. Chicken breast
. Turkey breast
. Tuna
. Egg whites

Carbohydrates:
. Sweet potatoes
. Oats
. Rice
. Whole wheat pasta
. cous cous

Fats:
. Peanut butter
. Avocado
. Nuts
. Olive or walnut oil (for cooking)
. Yolks

You should consume a good amount of fruit and vegetables, Try and get as many different colours as possible. For your training you should make sure those workouts are hard!!

You can do some research online about clean eating. I let my clients eat a cheat meal of their choice once or twice a week.  

I hope helps

Muzza

www.facebook.com/muzzafitness  

Nutrition & Dieting

Muzza-Fitness