Nutrition & Dieting/Losing too much weight

Dear Mr. Sanchez

I currently have 130kg (286 lbs) and 3 days ago i started to eat more healthy and exercise more. I have a good breakfast and lunch and for snacks i eat mostly fruit and cornflakes in between meals. I'm almost never hungry and feeling great. As for exercise i walk 8 km at a very fast pace for about an hour and I plan on playing basketball few times a week starting tonight. In 3 days i lost about 3 kg (6.6 lbs). This worries me somewhat because i found links on the internet from practically everyone about this not being healthy (they recommend 1-2 pounds a week). My daily calorie intake is around 1250 kcal. Is this too little? I also found advice telling people that it is OK to lose more weight than 2 pounds a week in first two weeks of a new diet. Is this true and is my weight loss acceptable in first two weeks? I'd appreciate any advice you can give me. I also converted kg to lbs in parentheses for your convenience :).  Best regards

In general most people will  lose between 6 and 10 pounds during their first two weeks of dieting. This of course is mostly  water weight . The recommended amount of weight to lose per week is no more then three pound but if you are on a diet that severely restricts your calories and you are an individual who has a lot of weight to lose you may see higher numbers. The problem with fast weight loss is that in many cases it usually results in equal or greater weight gain once you stop dieting. This if course is not true if you continue to have a strict healthy diet for the rest of your life. The correct way to lose weight is to lose weight gradually over time for the best and healthiest results. As I explained above there are specific reasons why people lose weight more rapidly at certain times and many of them are acceptable. As for your calorie intake,  you would need to consult further with a nutritionist to check your height and age to see what is actually required to support your organ function.  Good luck and thanks for writing

Nutrition & Dieting

Lawrence Sanchez CSN, CPFC, RI, PT, TBMI

I am able to answer questions in regards to losing weight, proper nutrition and exercise while losing weight,diet modification, and preparing healthy nutritious food while dieting. I can also help people by explaining the importance of BMI, BMR,and body fat. I can help people with no meat types of diets and special diets. I can help those who need information about beginning a running regimen. One of my favorite subjects to answer questions about is organic life style and whole foods.

I own Healthy Life Consultants, which is a company that helps people lose weight through diet modification and exercise. I also am the Founder and owner of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System and The Natural Healing Center.At the Natural Healing Center I help people through the use of Alternative Therapies and Medicines. For fun I compete regulary in running races mainly 5K'S and 10K'S. I spend much of my free time studying about anything when it comes to nutrition,alternative medicine,and exercise.

F&AM /////////////////// F.O.P.(Fraternal Order of Police) ///////////// US Coast Guard Aux. //////////// International High Iq Society

Certified Sports Nutritionist through (International Fitness Association) CI# 175491 /////// Certified Personal Fitness Chef ( National Endurance & Sports Trainers Association) ////////// Certified Master and Founder of the Tenchi Budo Martial Arts System /////////// EMT-B Certified //////////// Trinity College & University B.S.B.A. ///////// Certificate awarded in: Harvard Medical School- (Prescribing Exercise) Texas A&M University System (AgriLife Extension)- (Diet Quality & The School Aged Child), (Osteoporosis),(Developing Healthy Eating Habits in Pre Schoolers),(Controling Asthma Triggers in the Indoor Environment) and ( Little Tummies and Big Appetites-Nutrition and the Pre School Child). ////////// School of Public Health University of Albany - (Strong Bones For Life),(Microbiology),(Prison and Jail Health),and (Public Policy and Public Health) ///////// National Center For Complementary and Alternative Medicine- (Acupuncture:An Evidence Based Assessment),(Mind-Body Medicine),Herbs & Other Dietary Supplements),(Health and Spirituality),(Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Aging),(Intergrative Medicine),(Neurobiological Correlates of Acupuncture),(Studying the effects of Natural products)(Manipulative and Body-Based Therapies: Chiropractic and Spinal Manipulation) //////// Health and Nutirition ( United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Basic Food Preparation (United States Department of Justice BOP ) ////////// Dietary Guidlines For Americans (United States Department of Agriculture) ////////// Effective Communication (Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Leadership & Influence(Emergency Management Institute) /////////// Nutritional Oncology ( National Training Institute) ////////// Sports Goes The Distance ( National Training Institute) ///////// LJ100 supplements ( National Training Institute) //////// Super Foods to the rescue (Natural Products Market Place) /////// O for Obesity (Natural Products Market Place)