ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Currently Expecting

Question
I recently found out I was pregnant. I took an HPT and there was a very faint line. I had a miscarriage about three months before, and a chemical the month before, so as soon as I saw the positive test, I made an appointment with my doctor. I wanted everything to be monitored from the beginning so that we could identify any problems early on. On my first appointment (12/18/2012) my hcg level was 8. My last period was on 11/24/2012, so my doctor said it was just so early and that must have been one really sensitive test I took. On 12/20/2012 I went back in for my second test, and my level had only gone up to 9. My doctor is clueless, so she is referring me to someone else. My question is, should I be prepared for a pregnancy loss since my levels didn't double? Could it be possible that my egg is still in the process of implanting, so the levels aren't doubling yet? I know I'm grasping for straws here, but my husband and I are just so ready to become parents, and the constant losses are causing us to really lose hope. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Answer
Loreal

hCG levels are never reliable to conclude the state of a pregnancy. I recommend pelvic ultrasound 4-6 weeks after the first missed period which was on 24 November. This is conclusive.

If you have 2 or more miscarriges, I recommend consultation with a maternal fetal medicine specialist.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel