ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Frequent brown discharge in pregnancy

Question
I m 28 weeks pregnant , and have frequent brown discharge , I have had my ultrasound done and every thing was fine , but then had again a brownish discharge twice in the interval of 15 days . I can feel my baby kicking as usual though , so my question is is this normal , if yes when should it become a concern ?

Answer
A brown discharge is likely to be old blood. The concern with any form of bleeding, new or old, this far into the pregnancy is finding the source of the bleed. It may simply be nothing, however it may also be something a bit more concerning as well. This is something you need to have checked out by your OB/GYN. I am assuming that you were not experiencing this discharge while you had your U/S or they would have investigated this further. This is something I would call my OB for today. He/she may ask you to come in tomorrow. If you have no other symptoms, they may just have you repeat the U/S and do some more testing to be sure that everything is okay with both you and the baby. I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Sincerely,
Cheryl Hetherington

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Cheryl Hatcher