ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/pregnancy pAin

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my 5th kid I have not felt baby move today and am having a lot of pain mainly in my hips and inner thighs but some in my lower  pelvic area the pain gets worse if I move and almost brings me to tears. I have never hatches problem with any of my pregnancies and was wonder what advice you may have as to what it is and what I should do

It is always a good idea to call your OB/GYN with any concerns. Typically in your 22nd week of pregnancy, it is not too uncommon to have a day or two where you do not feel the baby move very much because of the baby's smaller size. However, should you be experiencing pain and/or cramping, you should call your OB/GYN immediately or go on in to the hospital to be checked out. While the pain you describe may very well be what we refer to as "round ligament pain", this is not something that needs to simply be swept under the rug as there may be something more going on. My advice for you is to call your OB/GYN today, if you cannot get a hold of them, go on into the hospital to check everything out. I wish you the best of luck. If you have any further questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Cheryl Hetherington

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Cheryl Hatcher

I can answer any questions concerning any and all pregnancy related concerns including: High risk pregnancies, Gestational Diabetes, multiple birth, premature birth, complications, concerns/worries, placenta previa, toxemia/pre-ecclampsia and more. I prefer not to answer questions that are not related to a diagnosed pregnancy. Please note: You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.

I have an astute knowledge of the obstetrical field.

I worked in Labor and Delivery at a hospital.