ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Pregnant 5 weeks after giving birth?

Question
I have a 9 week old baby, and have taken 4 home pregnancy test within the last 4 weeks,of different brand names, all of which have come back positive.

I had one ultrasound preformed once a blood serum pregnancy test  ( 20 days after intercourse,) came back positive, and another ultrasound two weeks later (34 days after intercourse).  Both of which did not show a gestational sac in my uterus.

One doctor is telling me that he can not rule out pregnancy, even though he sees no gestational sac in the ultrasound, and the other doctor is saying that considering that the second line on these home pregnancy tests is very faint, and since he could not see a gestational sac, during the ultrasound that he preformed,  that I am not pregnant. The second doctor is assuring me that I am not pregnant, saying that these home pregnancy test, even the blood serum test, are coming back positive due to "left over hormones" from the first pregnancy 9 weeks ago.

What am I to think? I'm confused, and tired of spending my money.

Answer
Nuria

The hormones of a previous pregnancy usually dops to zero by the end of 4th week after pegnancy and therefore the possibility of left over hormones is unlikely one after 9 weeks. It is possible that the pregnancy is an ectopic one or a gestational trophoblastic diseaseespecially if there is a family hstory. I therefore recommend keeping follow up with the first doctor. A proper diagnosis should be made within the next1-2 weeks with a repeat ultrasound scan.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel