ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Trying to conceive after a d&c

Question
Hi :) I had a d&c on the 27th November. I was 13 weeks pregnant but baby stopped growing at week 6. I was devastated being my first baby. I got a period 30 days later (27-29 dec)which the cramps were very painful but period only lasted 2-3 days and was very light. We've been trying to get pregnant since 3 weeks after my d&c.  I'm now hoping I am pregnant. My next period is due on the 25th January. I've been getting lower back cramps on the right side and lots of acne on my chin. Feeling very tired too. I'm I due my next period or could this be implantation?! My emotions are all over the place and i feel really moody n teary. Probably just my hormones after everything thats happened. Losing my baby was one of the hardest things I've had to cope with.

Answer
Theresa

I understand your disappointment and your feeling about your miscarriage. However, the symptoms you describe are non specific and does not indicate pregnancy.

I would like to tell you one point which is that all normal women have a miscarriage rate of about 10-15% and they mostly have a succesful pregnancies later. Most of the 10-15% are due to chromosomal abnormalities and malformed babies and therefore miscarriage seems to be a natural phenomena to maintain healthy population.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel