ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Physical exertion and sex during pregnancy

Question
Hi Mr Kandeel, please answer my 2 question as below:
1. My wife feels that she is in her very earlsy stage of pregnancy. We have not been to a doctor yet because we will wait for a few more weeks. Insha'Allah it will be what we expect it to be. My question is - I have heard that during the early stages of pregnancy a woman has got to be very careful with her physical activities. Now, can we go together to a water theme park? This theme park has quite a few vigorous rides. Is this kind of a physical exertion harmful for her and the expected baby?
2. Is there any harm if we continue to have sex (using condoms). I have people say otherwise.

Please answer the above 2 questions. Thank you

Answer
Yousuf

Usually sex have nothing to do with being pregnant in normal women. Heavy activities as vigorous rides are better avoided even in normal women.

In other ocassions as in women pregnant in twins, both sex and rides are not allowed. in some other ocassions if a woman had a previous miscarriage, previous preterm labor,they should also be avoided. In a minority of cases, inherent factors may also be present that do not allow these activities.

My advice is to that you both can have sex with condoms but avoid the vigorous rides.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel