ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/36 weeks with Painful Burning on the top of my belly

I am almost 37 weeks and starting yesterday, I have been feeling a burning sensation across the top of my belly and it is painful.  I thought maybe taking some tums would help.  I assumed they helped temporarily.  But, during the night last night, it woke me and now I can't go back to sleep because they keep happening.  I am also starting to feel some cramping in my lower back again and it is kind of spreading upwards.  This is my fourth child and I am not quite sure how it feels to go into labor because I have been induced or had a c section.

These pains you are experiencing sound like the onset of labor. In your 36th week, any abdominal and/or back pains warrant a trip to your OB or the ER to rule out labor. This is crucial if you have had a C-Section due to the risk of uterine rupture especially going into labor early.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Cheryl Hatcher

I can answer any questions concerning any and all pregnancy related concerns including: High risk pregnancies, Gestational Diabetes, multiple birth, premature birth, complications, concerns/worries, placenta previa, toxemia/pre-ecclampsia and more. I prefer not to answer questions that are not related to a diagnosed pregnancy. Please note: You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.

I have an astute knowledge of the obstetrical field.

I worked in Labor and Delivery at a hospital.