ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/short cervix

Question
Hi.. I am 23 weeks pregnant with my 5th child. I went to my dr at 18 weeks and they told me I had a short cervix at 2.4 cm and that there was some funneling. I have been taking progesterone suppositories. When i went back to dr at 22 weeks they told me it had gotten shorter to about 1.7 cm. She sent to me to the hospital and they told me that my cervix measured 3.8cm. My question is, is it possible for my cervix to change that much in 4-5 hrs??? It doesn't make any sense! Also i forget to say that they said im 1 cm dilated since 18 weeks. Please help!!!

Answer
Liz

It is impossible for your cervix to change this major change in hours or even weeks. A 1 cm dilatation is quite normal with previous 4 deliveries and it is called multiparous os.

The best thing to do is to follow your doctor advice, have bed rest as much as u can, avoid household activities and sex together with keeping your progesterone and ur antenatal visits.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel