ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Follow-Up - Uterine Prolapse?

Question
Thank you for your response to my previous question. I just wanted to follow up. After receiving your response I called a Urogynecologist (if thats a term) and he was able to see me earlier today. I felt better that someone was finally able to see it as low as it is. They pretty much agreed with the first two reports. They said its very low likely due to both the extra pressure of early pregnancy and the shape and length of my cervix. They said its 45mm which apparently is on the longer side. They said they would classify it as a stage 1 prolapse but moreso due to the extra pressure and relaxation of the pelvic muscles in early pregnancy and less to do with pelvic floor issues. They said around 14-16 weeks my uterus would expand and extend more into my abdomen, at which point the cervix with go up with it. They suggest I do nothing at this point but wait unless its becomes bothersome, painful, or I start to spot, none of which have happened at this point.

Answer
Kellie

A urogynecologist was a very good choice. The urogynecologists in general are the best to deal with genital prolapse especially if it is associated with urinary incontinence which is a common associations with some types of prolapse.

I agree with them that the uterus and cervix will go up around 16 weeks pregnancy and you should not do anything till you start to complaint. However; you maight not be fully aware of what a long or a prolapsed cervix may cause. For example, it may annoy your sexual partner during intercourse. I also do not recommend waiting till it becomes painful or you start to spot as this indicates some ulcerations in the cervix. Although not serious, there is no need to wait till this occurs.

It is my view that you already complain having something down in your vagina and it is best to start thinking of a corrective surgery after delivery.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel