ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Please help

I am 32 weeks pregnant with my second child, with my first i was told i have a 6cm fibroid, i gain a total of 23 pounds, my son was born 3 weeks early and he weigh 5.4 pounds and 19 inches tall. During my 24 weeks ultrasounds with my 2nd , they couldn't find the fibroid, and the baby measured perfectly, i have been measuring well since them until yesterday, i went for my 32 weeks appointment and was told i 30cm,  2 weeks behind, and i have a gain total of 10 pounds since this pregnancy. My doctor is not worried about it, he said i am just skinny and my baby might be born very small. The problem is that i just cant stop worrying.  Is it norma for fibroid to disappear, is it a problem to measure small?

No. It is not normal for a fibroid of 6 cm size to disappear, either the first sonographer misdiagnsed the case or the second one.
As for the baby, there is a range for a normal birthweight. It is not a fixed weight but arange that we refer to, by what is called the 10th percentile. If your baby is below that, then it is small. Not every small baby is not OK. If the mother is small, then the baby is expected tobe small.

My advise is to keep your antenatal visits in time and call your doctor should you feel any abnormality or decrease in the baby's movements.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website www.obgyn.net