ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/miscarriage

had a miscarriage on 27th April, i was around 5/6 weeks pregnant. My 1st period since then arrived on the 4th if June. It haz been heavy & clots, its lightened then became heavy again. My period is still here after 8days which is unusual for me. Its become brown like discharge acomplished with right side pelvic pains. I also have been experiencing pain in my lungs and right shoulder & a temp. I dont know if all of these are related. Many thanks.

My advise is to have pelvic ultrasound as soon as you can. The brown discharge and the heavy irregular bleeding may denote the presence of some remnants of pregnancy inside the uetrus that should be evacuated.

The pain in the right side and the associated shoulder pain is very unusual after miscarriage. However; this may indicate irritation the undersurface of the diaphragm which can be either normal or sometimes caused by a collection of fluid under the diaphragm which can be due to various reason. In my specialty, a disturbed ectopic pregnancy may cause such manifestation.

I therefore encourage you to seek clinical examination and by ultrasound ASAP.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website www.obgyn.net