You are here:

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Pelvic Congestive Syndrome


I have been dignosed with pelvic congestive syndrome (pcs)After sveral test.  Also have had  for years.  Swelling in the abdomin, pelvic, uretia,vagina lips and pressure from pelvic to butt (the pressure is very intense and painful). I had my left ovian vein treated with a coil on June 15.  The next day I was medivaced out of area due to serve allergic reation and was hospitalized for a week-treating sever swelling and swelling in my airway.  Since been released swelling in abdamin and all areas from pelvic to butt has not decreased.  Also now my veins have started to widen or strecth in are around my body-Left arm, legs and other areas all over my body.  I have been seeing my reg. doctor weekly and just went to a obgyn and have decided to get a complet hystraectomy on july 17.  I am worried about what my veins are doing and about the surgery and the condition of my varicose veins.  I understand that with the complete hystrarectomy that the varicose veins in and around the female parts will be removed.  But because of the veins being enlarged else where do you thing this could be a big problem during surgery?  I will also be discussing this with my vasculare surgen on friday but as far as the hysrorecomy do you think this is a good choice?  Please forgive my spelling errors.  Thank you and have a great day and God Bless you and what you do in helping people.

Dear Gertrude,

Yes, you need a hysterectomy! I'm very sorry to hear all the pain and issues that you were gong through previously. The solution that I would highly recommend is a hysterectomy, which is very likely to take care of the abnormal veins elsewhere as well with better circulation. I hope everything went well with your hysterectomy because it sounds like you have already had it by the time you receive this. I hope you are recovering well and wish you all the best.

Dr. Mark T Saunders

I have a few articles that may be of interest to you about hysterectomies, click here.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dr. Mark T Saunders


I am an Obgyn in the Utah County area; my practice is in American Fork, Utah. I can answer all questions regarding infertility, miscarriages, pregnancy, prenatal and postpartum fitness, and any other medical questions regarding pregnancy, ovulations, etc.


Dr. Saunders began his education by first attending The Medical College of Wisconsin from 1987-1991. He then served as a transitional resident from 1991-1992 at St Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Dr. Saunders went on to residency in Obstetrics/Gynecology in Creighton University School of Medicine from 1992-1995 in Omaha Nebraska. He served as chief resident there in 1994-95. Since that time, he has been residing in the Pleasant Grove and American Fork, Utah area.

Board Certified, Clinical instructor in the University of Utah’s Physician Assistant Program, Member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Member of the American Medical Association, Hospital privileges at American Fork Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital.

Dr. Saunders Obstetrics and Gynecology - Healthy Utah Magazine -

Dr. Saunders is a well-respected board certified obstetrician and gynecologist that has been practicing in the American Fork area for over 17 years.

©2017 All rights reserved.