ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Novasure for Heavy Periods

I have been having heavy periods with clots for the past year, and after a clear EMB and pelvic U/S, my doctor has recommended the Nova Sure endometrial ablation.  He made it sound very simple, safe, and effective, but from what I read online, I'm not so sure.  If you have any experience with this procedure, could you please tell me what you think of it and if you would recommend it.  Or do you know of any natural remedies to heavy periods that I might try first?  (I am 43, not overweight, have had a total thyroidectomy, and only other physical issue is SVT.)  I really appreciate your input.  Thank you very much!

I do the Novasure and other types of ablations all the time in my office. They are a very safe and great solutions to heavy periods . Just make sure your doctor has done them frequently and I would recommend it be done in an in-office setting. There are some risks of course, but it is generally very safe and effective.

Click here to read my article to learn more about heavy periods.

-Dr. Mark T Saunders  

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Dr. Mark T Saunders

I am an Obgyn in the Utah County area; my practice is in American Fork, Utah. I can answer all questions regarding infertility, miscarriages, pregnancy, prenatal and postpartum fitness, and any other medical questions regarding pregnancy, ovulations, etc.

Dr. Saunders began his education by first attending The Medical College of Wisconsin from 1987-1991. He then served as a transitional resident from 1991-1992 at St Lukes Medical Center in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Dr. Saunders went on to residency in Obstetrics/Gynecology in Creighton University School of Medicine from 1992-1995 in Omaha Nebraska. He served as chief resident there in 1994-95. Since that time, he has been residing in the Pleasant Grove and American Fork, Utah area.

Board Certified, Clinical instructor in the University of Utahs Physician Assistant Program, Member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Member of the American Medical Association, Hospital privileges at American Fork Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital.

Dr. Saunders Obstetrics and Gynecology - Healthy Utah Magazine -

Dr. Saunders is a well-respected board certified obstetrician and gynecologist that has been practicing in the American Fork area for over 17 years.