ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Could I be pregnant?

Question
Lately I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms and I also spotted this month. Last month I had a period but only last 2 days and was very light. I am currently experiencing nausea, mood swings, excessive salvia, swollen breast with no tenderness, and light cramps. I have not recieved my periodsince all this has started I have taken 3 home pregnancy test and they all have come out negative. I am late about 6-7 days. I have read other post and was curious if I was experiencing low hcg an now I am wondering if thats why they all could be negative. My mother said before she found out she was pregnant with my older brother she had 3 periods for 3 months and took her 3 pregnancy test to actually figure out she was pregnant. I was thinling maybe I should get an ultrasound or wait for a period. Please give me some information I should possibly use to figure it out. Thank you for your time!

Answer
Tabitha

Yes you can be pregnant. However you should be aware of the fact that pregnancies with atypical menstruation are more likely to be ectopic especially if accompnied with pain in one side of lower abdomen. Therefore, it is important to have a pelvic ultrasound ASAP to determine exactly if you are pregnant and whether it is normal or ectopic.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel