ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Ovulating with tubes tied

I have had my tubal ligation done 6 years ago and I want to know how can ovulation bleeding occur from the ovary releasing the egg if the tubes are blocked? I know the period is from the pituitary gland because it still releases the hormone signal to the brain which triggers the body to have a period but does ovulation bleeding only happen when the egg is released and blood comes out through the tube down the vagina? I just really want to know because I haven't found a clear answer yet.

Bleeding occurs for 2 reasons:
1-The blood does ot go through the tubes down to the uterus then vaginal to the outside. Ovulation and the associated hormones increases the thickness of the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus and when the life span of the ovum is over, the associates hormones which support the endometrium go down and the endometrium is shed leading to bleeding.

2-Tubal ligation leads to kinking of the blood vessels in the area causing pelvic congestion. Bleeding in this situation works as a kind of relief from the pelvic pain that may occur.

Hope the infi is helpful.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website