ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Calcium Deposit

Question
I am 22 weeks and 4 days into my first pregnancy. I got a call from my doctor the other night about a calcium deposit in the umbilical cord. What are the risks of this? Is there anything I can do? Do I need to change my diet? Can this be life threatening? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just nervous.

Answer
Delanie

Calcification of the placenta is an indication for aging of the placenta but im not aware of any consequences of cord calcification on the health of the baby unless this affects the amount of blood flow passing through the vessel. This can be detected by what is known as Doppler flow studies. You have nothing to do other than getting more clarification from your doctor.

God Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel