ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Bleeding After ovulation

My wife is in mid of her period cycle, she ovulated on 29th Nov. We had sex on 27th and 28th. She is started getting back pain on 3rd Dec and her vagina is spotting on 4th dec evening and now today morning it started bleeding thin red color blood. We asked doctor she asked to wait for 2 day more if bleeding doesn't stop we will visit doctor. But do you know what could cause the bleeding? She never had mid cycle bleeding and her cycle is of 30 to 33 days. She is due period on 14th Dec.

My assumption is that this can be a miscarriage of a chemical pregnancy. This is an unrecognized pregnancy that occurs and ends before the first missed menstrual period. However, if your wife is above 40, this can be the start of the hormonal imbalance that starts to occur around this age.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website