ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Ovulation bleeding

Hello! My husband and I are trying for our first baby. Since the 12-17th is my fertile window, we have been doing the baby dance nonstop. Yesterday, I was sitting at my computer and I got a semi-sharp pain my on left side. I just assumed that it was ovulation pain because usually every month I get pain on either side. But then a couple hours later I started to spot and cramp a little bit. No clots, just bright reddish/pink when I would wipe after going to the bathroom. Today, which is 2/16/2014, I have like a reddish brown type when I wipe. What does this mean? I don't think its implantation bleeding. Its way too early. What do you think is wrong?

I would definitely recommend a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound to exclude the possibility of either a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. The cramping, spotting and brownish discharge are highly suggestive. Ultrasound is the clue for proper diagnosis and subsequent management, if needed.

Good Luck

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website www.obgyn.net