ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Pain after miscarriage

I have had painful cramping during periods for a couple years. Two months ago, I had a miscarriage. After Cytotec not working, I had a D&C.  I ended up with really sharp pains (so bad that I ended up in the ER because I couldn't stand up).  Since the D&C, I have had two periods and the pain during them has been horrible.  It's not cramping - it's sharp pains that feel like I just had surgery and can't stand up all the way. Is this likely related to the miscarriage? Everything looked clear on my follow-up appointments after hte miscarriage.  Any ideas what might be causing such bad pains?

This complaint is unusal after miscarrige. My advise is to have pelvic ultrasound. if this have been already done and no abnormal finding found, a hysteroscope may be useful tool to make a proper diagnosis. This is an endoscope that examines the interior of the uterine cavity for possible lesions or trauma after the D & C.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website www.obgyn.net