ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/spotting 5 weeks pregnant

Question
Hi I'm having my third baby I am about 5 almost 6 weeks along and don't get in to see my midwife for 2 weeks I have had no spotting until yesterday my husband and I had intercourse and when we were done there was blood it lasted a few hours just when I wiped nothing on pad and pad was still clear the next morning Nd bleeding has stopped is this something I.should be concerned about. We have a pretty active sex life and never had this issue tell last night but was a different position that was deeper I'd say. I don't have cramps just the odd discomfort like on my pubic bone witch I've had on and off since before I found out I was pregnant a week ago.should I be concerned about the bleeding?

Answer
Jen
Yes should be concerned about the bleeding. Although such minor bleeding without cramps is not usually indicative of miscarriage, it could indicate the need for estra rest, some supportive medications and few days off work.
Examination with vaginal ultrasound would be the first step to document the status of the pregnancy and further steps will depen on the results.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel