ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/spotting 5 weeks pregnant

Hi I'm having my third baby I am about 5 almost 6 weeks along and don't get in to see my midwife for 2 weeks I have had no spotting until yesterday my husband and I had intercourse and when we were done there was blood it lasted a few hours just when I wiped nothing on pad and pad was still clear the next morning Nd bleeding has stopped is this something I.should be concerned about. We have a pretty active sex life and never had this issue tell last night but was a different position that was deeper I'd say. I don't have cramps just the odd discomfort like on my pubic bone witch I've had on and off since before I found out I was pregnant a week ago.should I be concerned about the bleeding?

Yes should be concerned about the bleeding. Although such minor bleeding without cramps is not usually indicative of miscarriage, it could indicate the need for estra rest, some supportive medications and few days off work.
Examination with vaginal ultrasound would be the first step to document the status of the pregnancy and further steps will depen on the results.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website