ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Activities in first trimester

Question
Hi, I am 3 weeks pregnant(since ovulation)and 5 weeks since my last period.  I have two questions.  Next weekend there is an annual four wheeler/snowmobile trip and I am not sure if I should go.  We would be going slow and it wouldn't be very bumpy.  The fourwheeler vibrates noticeably, but the snowmobile is smoother...does that have an effect on which one we should take?  Also, which starting point do I use (period or ovulation) to guide me to the 12 weeks, "less worrisome" section of pregnancy? (Can I worry less if I make it another 7 weeks (12 from period) or 9 weeks (12 from ovulation)?  Thank you so much!  I'm 29 and this is my first child.

Answer
Tracy
Calculation of the pregnancy age should be made from the first day of the last menstrual period. i.e you are now 5 weeks pregnant.
As for the activities allowed in this time of pregnancy, we usually give a decision based on the status of previous pregnancies such as whether there is cervical incomptence or not, previous cervical surgery as LEEP. In these conditions and others, such activities cannot be allowed. similarly if in the current pregnancyis a twins pregnancy, rest is most important and such activities are prohibited.

Since this is your first pregnancy, i would recommend the avoidance of such activities.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel