ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Age issue and catafast query

QUESTION: Hi im 34 years old and trying to get pregnant. Me and my husband have been trying since last December (4 months now). Do you think its normal to take this long to get pregnant. Im concerned about my age.This week I had a very bad backache. I had to take catafast as I could barley move with the pain. I wii be ovulating next week. Will catafast reduce the chances of getting pregnant?Thanks

ANSWER: Mariah

I am not sure what catafast is as it is not available in my country.

We allow 1 year of regular intercourse-2-3 times/weeks- for young couplesto get pregnant i.e. If the woman's age is less than 35. However, at 35 and higher, investigations should start after 6 months of regular sexual relationship.

QUESTION: Many thanks for your reply. Catafast are anti imflammatory sachets taken orally. Please find description in this link :*Catafast*_bss.pdf
Im going to stop them tomorrow and will ttc next week. You think the side effects will still be in my system?
Also I wanted to ask if having a 26 cycle period is a plus or a minus sign for getting pregnant.? Is there something I can do about it?
Thanks again

Anti-inflammatories do not interfere with pregnancy and are cleared from blood within a short period of time. Finally a 26 days cycle have nothing to do with getting pregnant but your doctor can calculate tour fertile period during which you ovulate and hving sexy at this period offers the best chances to get pregnant.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website