ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Lower belly pain in first trimester

Question
Dear Dr

I am in 10th week of pregnancy and as such everything seems to be fine except for what i have been experiencing from yesterday.

Yesterday it started some pain and stretch like feeling in the center of my lower belly... Somewhere between my belly and pubic hairs.

Initially the pain/stretch last for 2 hours yesterday and then it went away. Again i felt the same pain/stretch during night sleep and woke up by the discomfort. It provides somewhat ease when i lie on my sides and place a small pillow/cushion between my thighs  thus resting them apart..

Q. Is it normal to experience such pain? Should i see a dr?
Q. I keep my sex life going as normal. Is it what causing this pain
Q.  Is it important to know the gender of child and examine its genitals to avoid any gender related complications?
Many thanka for ur help

Answer
Sadia

The gender of the baby have nothing to do with known pregnancy complications.
As long as there is no bleeding or cramping pain, I would not worry. However, if this stretch continues it is better to see a doctor as in few cases it may be of concern.
In most cases your doctor will describe mild analgesia and things will be OK.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel