ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Pre term labor concern

Question
I'm currently 20 weeks 4 day pregnant I had a appt Monday with a peri that showed my cervix is funneling with some debris. He didn't mention the length of my cervix and a cerclage is more risky at this point. I have experienced a 2nd trimester lost at 19wks 5 days in the past and concerned now. He said resume normal activities and I may be on hospital bed rest at 24 weeks. Other ppl with similar scenarios received more attention like weekly or bi-weekly cervical checks, bed rest, cerclage etc. 4 weeks seems so far away and I'm afraid my funneling will worsen. I'm also experiencing some vaginal itching/ irritation with no discharge that also concerns me

Answer
Kia

A past history of midtrimester loss together with cervical funneling around the same age -20 weeks- of the previous loss is not very reassuring. Furthermorem I would wonder if no comment is madein the ultrasound repot about cervical lenth. A length of 25 mm or less is usually associated with preterm labor.
My advice is to seek a second opinion with an experienced sonographer, and if you had this examination with an Ob/Gyn generalist to have the second opinion with a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist.

Good Luck

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel