ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Bed Rest after Cervical Cerclage

Question
How should you bed rest following Cervical Cerclage at 14 weeks for patulous os, past history of premature delivery at 28 weeks due to fetal abnormality (? congenital rubella syndrome or trisomy 13)and twin pregnancy? (Cervical length is 4.9 cm.)
Is it Complete Bed rest or can you go to toilet for motions and to urinate?
Is it until the delivery of the baby?

Answer
Bed rest is recommended for 1 week after complete cessation of the abdominal cramps that you had before cerclage. You can go to bathroom and no you will be able to move after this week but I advise you to avoid excercise, long distance walking, sex and similar activities.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel