ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Bed Rest after Cervical Cerclage

How should you bed rest following Cervical Cerclage at 14 weeks for patulous os, past history of premature delivery at 28 weeks due to fetal abnormality (? congenital rubella syndrome or trisomy 13)and twin pregnancy? (Cervical length is 4.9 cm.)
Is it Complete Bed rest or can you go to toilet for motions and to urinate?
Is it until the delivery of the baby?

Bed rest is recommended for 1 week after complete cessation of the abdominal cramps that you had before cerclage. You can go to bathroom and no you will be able to move after this week but I advise you to avoid excercise, long distance walking, sex and similar activities.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website