ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Pregnancy issues

First ultrasound on my 24 weeks says dd is June 24. I had my ultrasound again on my 35th week and says July 13 is my due date. Single, live fetus cephalic presentation of 31 weeks 5 days, shows somatic movements & good cardiac contractility with fhr 151 per min, fetal weight 2115 gms, anterior placenta maturity grade 2, no previa, normohydramnios, amniotic fluid is adequate, 4 quadrants is 9.6cm. And gender is most likely a girl. Is everything okay? I'm really worried and confused. Thank you

The only problem I can see is the difference in due date in the 2 ultrasound you mentioned. This should be considered with amniotic fluid of 9.6 as it may indicate growth restriction.

My advice is to have weekly ultrasound to check for the growth of the baby.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website www.obgyn.net