ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/premature signs

I am now approaching my 32nd week in pregnancy, I have been getting a lot of pain recently.

for a week I suffered with severe pelvic pain so I could barely walk, I also feel that the baby has dropped as my pelvic area feels heavier.

I have been experiencing painful "Braxton Hicks" contractions nearly all day every day for a while now, the pain is in my lower back and my abdomen and I am worried that this may be a sign of premature labour as it feels that my uterus is very sensitive and the Braxton hicks do not go away after changing position, walking, relaxing or having a bath.

Last night I also experience some pain during intercourse, but it was a different type of pain, it felt like he was hitting something during sex, does this mean the baby has dropped?

Thank you

It is better to have a medical examination for proper diagnosis. The signs you described are not specific as the pain should be increasing in power and on shorter intervals. Pain that make you say it is there all time seems to be non specific.

During intercourse, the male organ hits the cervix due to the changes in the birth canal and it does not hit the baby.

My advise it to have an examination and make sure your cervix is closed.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website www.obgyn.net