ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/rectal pain

Question
hi.I got married in march 2013 and experienced uti for several months. I was also on contraceptive pill named MELIANE for few months but with gaps between months.even though I completed antibiotic courses but had somewhat of pain and buring during urination.so i had ultrasound abdomen.it was normal n dr asked me only to drink lots of water.nothing more.but from few months I am experiencing rectal pressure/pain esp during periods.the pain is sudden and last for few seconds but is extremely intense that I feel like jumping upwards.please note that I was on pills this june and july consecutively. when I googled abt rectal pressure and found that this can cause infertility , im a bit afraid and stopped using birth control pills. note that I and my husband have planned to have a baby after 5 to 6 years since he is going abroad and wont be able to come in less than 6 yrs. and im already a patient of scoliosis so I think low back pain of mine maybe due to the spinal curve and not this rectal pressure. can it be due to gases?but im not sure whether I have gases prob or not.but I do discharge gas very often.
all im concerned is about pregnancy. please let me know whether there is any chance of being infertile :( this is so horrifying for me :'(

Answer
While your fertility question is out of my area of expertise, you can start drinking cranberry juice on a regular basis to prevent further episodes of UTI. Cranberry juice contains a chemical that makes it difficult for bacteria to attach to the walls of your digestive track, preventing UTIs.

Rectal pain can have many various causes, so don't assume that this symptom will cause infertility. Speak to your doctor regarding this issue.

http://www.befitmom.com

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Helene Byrne