ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Confused and just a tad scared.

So my period is 13 days late, it has officially been 40 days since my last period ended, I am usually on a 28 day cycle, and I have NEVER been late like this. I have literally never had a late or missed period. So naturally I took a home pregnancy test, it came out negative, over the past 13 days I have take 5 pregnancy tests, all have been negative. I'm not unusually stressed, I haven't changed my eating habits, and yet my period is gone, I plan to see my doctor if my period doesn't show up in the next week, but what should I be looking for? Could I be pregnant but have to low of an hcg level? Or could it be something more serious?

I do not think that a delayed period is an alarming sign for something serious. It can be pregnancy, as a firstpossibility, and you were not able to detect it with HPT either because the sensitivity of the the pregnancy test you used is low or you tested too early. Another possibility, which is common as well, is some type of hormonal imbalance, that occur for unknown reason, and can be reversed and corrected medically. Lastly, if you are over 40, some irregularities are common at this age group and may occur in the form of early or late periods, spotting in the middle of the cycle..etc.

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website