ObGyn/Pregnancy issues/Pls help. 14 day bleeding

Hi, Ive always had a 28-30 day cycle. Last I got my period was on 14/4/15 which was 10 days late (instead of 4/4/15). I started bleeding on 5/2/2015 i.e. 17 days after the first day of my last period, this is still going on(till today i.e. 5/14/2015. The color of the blood is brown not the color red that I usually bleed on my normal period. Its not spotting exactly a little more than just spotting and a panty liner has been enough to do the job, I havent needed a pad cos im not bleeding that much. It usually happens when I go to pee, not so much directly onto the liner. I do not experience any kind of pain anywhere in my body, no tenderness in breasts, no sickness of any sort. I've had 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Im worried. Pls help. What could this be. I know stress causes hormonal imbalance. To be honest, I was a little stressed out do to some family issues but I dont think That it was so much to cause all this considering my period is almost always on time.

My advise is to get vaginally ultrasound to exclude early pregnancy and organic lesions in the genital tract. Pregnancy tests are sometimes unable to detect pregnant if they are of low sensitivity or if pregnancy is early. The brownish color is suspicious miscarriage. If you are over 40, some hormonal imbalance may also be responsible

ObGyn/Pregnancy issues

Mohamed Kandeel

I can answer questions about antenatal care, medical problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery and postpartum care.

Currently I am working as a Professor of Obstetrics gynecology, Menofyia University, Egypt. Since 1987, I worked in many university and private hospitals with a high load of pregnant population averaging 7-9,000 deliveries/year. This exposed me to all problems associated with pregnancy, labor and delivery. I had my doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1996 in the use of Doppler ultrasound in high risk pregnancies.

Menofyia University, Egypt

-British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Egyptian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Kandil M) -Ain Shams Journal of Medicine (Kandil M)

-Master's degree in obstetrics and Gynecology 1989 -Doctorate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996

Editorial advisor: Fetal monitoring section of the international website