Oboe/guasti oboe

M. Dawson wrote at 2008-12-11 00:55:28
I knew the Guasti family in 1968 - 1969. They lived in Sesto Fiorentino, and Sr. Guasti had his workshop in back of their home. I may have the address somewhere if you want it. He had two sons: Roberto, and Sandro, who probably live in or near Firenze. Try the phone listings in Florence.  As far as I know Sr Guasti did not have students, but his sons certainly know about his work. Roberto played the clarinet

Ruben Greenberg wrote at 2012-02-25 17:44:19
I was a friend of Signor Guasti's son, Roberto, in 1969 when I was very briefly a student at the Florence conservatory. Signor Guasti made fine oboes and clarinets in his garage, from A to Z: the keywork, everything. He was especially well-known for his hautbois d'amour and I know that the Chicago Symphony bought a couple.

Ruben Greenberg -clarinettist Paris, France

Jeremy Polmear wrote at 2015-03-27 10:09:32
I've got a Guasti too - a very nice cor anglais.

You can see it in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80s3x-ZP4pg&feature=youtu.be.

Geoffrey Bridge

Professional oboist with many years experience. Former pupil of Leon Goossens. Solo artist for Arts Council of Great Britain. Freelance recitalist/broadcasting/orchestras. Former Head of woodwind teaching in Hampshire, England. Questions on repertoire, playing styles, reeds, cane selection and processing.

Royal College of Music, Aberdeen College of Education Licenciate of the Royal Academy of Music General Teaching Council certificate Broadcast solo recitals/performed with major symphony orchestras/Music Club recitals/writings on double reed matters

Treasurer/Advertising Manager and Trustee of the British Double Reed Society International Double Reed Society Association Hautbois Francais Southern Pro Musica Orchestra/Aberdeen Sinfonietta

Double Reed News/Australasian Double Reed Society magazine

LRAM, Cert Ed