Oboe/P. Gerard, Paris

Birdog wrote at 2010-02-05 11:25:06
Paul Gerard is not a stencil! He was a master craftsman in Paris and made all kinds of instruments from 1899 to 1956. He played an essential role in the standardization of pitch at A440 in the early 30's. I have collected his instruments for years and have an oboe, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet and french horn from his shop. He only made instruments of the finest quality, and they are highly sought after by collectors who know of his tiny shop. Any instrument he made is exceptional!!

Geoffrey Bridge wrote at 2013-09-25 14:12:01
Dear Birdog

See a question - 09/21/2013 15.40 - about a Paul Gerard Flute from enquirer John Leaman. He would like to ask you a question about  this instrument and also if you were interested in adding it to your collection.

This is the only way I know of linking the two of you together as I answered a question in 2010 and you sent a comment about P Gerard of Paris.

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge