Oboe/Oboe valuation & identification

Mike Conn wrote at 2011-12-23 10:49:36
I know I am a little late with this question but I can help.

Mr Cook was my bassoon music teacher 1949-50 and your address is correct. His son was Brian (Beeg) and I helped with the basic things making reeds. Can confirm he also made oboes, turned the wood himself and bought the keys from Germany. If your enquirer wants further info. I would be pleased to oblige.

Mike Conn

Philip Cook wrote at 2016-07-13 21:24:23
Brian Cook is my father and he and his father G H Cook made the oboe and bassoons in a shed at 42 Boston Road Hanwell, my father says he made aprox 12 oboes 5 cor anglais and 2 bassoons all in the 1950's, Thanks Philip Cook  

Brian Cook wrote at 2016-07-23 22:26:17
my name is Brian cook l made oboes and bassoons in our workshop at the rear of 42 Boston road between 1950&1960 l have seen some of the instruments over the later years and they were still in good condition and being used, lf you would like to ask me any questions about our instruments l would be pleased to answered them

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge