Oboe/Howarth, Mariguax or Loree?

Jerome wrote at 2012-11-18 10:38:42
For many years I was a Howarth player and hated anything by Marigaux - one day trying instruments, I came across a Marigaux that was amazing and bought it on the spot!

It all about the instrument not the maker - You can try 3 Howarth XL's and all will be different. Another batch all the Marigaux could be horrible and again the trio of Loree's could be lovely. Another month, the Loree's are nasty and the Marigaux are all great.

Each instrument is an organic piece of wood that is unique.

Try everything in the shop with an open mind and pick whatever you feel you play best on!  

Oboe

Geoffrey Bridge